AdventHealth OCALA VOLUNTEER AND SENIOR SERVICES
The Volunteer and Senior Services Division is a service organization with a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit status whose only goal is to support the mission of AdventHealth Ocala. We plan and execute outcome based programs and services which support the patients and their families, improve market share and enhance the work of the staff and physicians. At the core of each service line is volunteer involvement in program planning and execution. To find out how you can volunteer and help your community, call the Volunteer Office at 671-2153.
- 1127 AdventHealth Ocala Volunteers contributed 126,109 hours of volunteer services in 2016
- 353 high school students participated in the summer teenage volunteer program
- 15 canines participate in the AdventHealth Ocala Pet Therapy program
- More than 28,800 members enrolled in the P55 program all aged 55 or older
- 12,495 members chose AdventHealth Ocala for their inpatient services in 2016
- More than 1200 educational, fitness, wellness and social/leisure programs are available to members each year
PASTORAL CARE SERVICES
- Spiritual and wholistic programs and services implemented to provide compassionate care to patients and their families
- 18 volunteers provide visits to patients requesting spiritual support - more than 22,830 visits in 2013
- Parish Nurse/Health Ministry - builds and cultivates a health and education bridge to the faith communities with more than 155 volunteers and 70 faith churches participating
AdventHealth Ocala GIFT SHOP
- 130 volunteers purchased, processed and sold more than $245,188 during FY 2016 in the Gift Shop, representing one of the only hospital gift shops in the nation manned exclusively by volunteers
- Open daily from 9am - 7pm Monday-Friday; 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday; located in the Palmer Lobby on the Ground Floor
- All funds, minus expenses, are donated back into the community through the Munroe Auxiliary Healthy Home program
AdventHealth Ocala UNIFORM STORE
- Mission is to purchase quality uniforms at value prices
- 8 volunteers donate their time at the Uniform Store assisting 2 full-time Florida Hospital Ocala associates and sold more than $242,208 in FY 2016
- Open Monday-Friday from 7am to 5pm; closed on weekends
- All funds, minus expenses, are donated back into the community through the Munroe Auxiliary Healthy Home program.
Click HERE to return to the home page.